Starting with drawing, thanks to painting-course.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

New Paper and Anniversary


I used new 300 series paper from Strathmore for the above landscape. Seemed to stay wet longer. Was able to lift clouds a bit better. I think this needs a bit of pale green showing in the far away valley lower left.

I masked the sun above and the heart below below with masking tape. I added a bit of yellow orange across the bottom of the sun.

Need to try different brushes for stippling and lifting paint.

Also would like to try more interesting landscapes but feel that I should spend more time with techniques than product.



The heart was my first shot at a masking tape resist shape. Taped masking tape onto wax paper, drew the form, cut it out, peeled and transferred to paper. Worked perfectly. Also first try at splattering. This is the back of an anniversary card I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment